All Children Need Books Program
Annually we will set aside twenty-five hundred books for individual children who do not have books at home. The Roads to Reading Initiative will donate one age appropriate book directly to a child who is eligible for Free School Lunch under the Title 1 guidelines and does not have books at home. We will send a book directly to the home of the child. There will be no charge for the books. The book will be personalized with the child’s name placed on the inside cover of the book. Twenty-five hundred books have been set aside for this project, and we will make donations until the stock has been exhausted.
- The child must be eligible for free lunch as defined under Title 1 rules and not have access to books at home.
- The parents or a guardian has to provide proof of their residential address. We will accept a copy of a utility bill as proof of residency. The child’s parent(s) or guardian must submit the application by mail. We will not accept applications mailed by institutions on behalf of parents. Parents must initiate the application process.
- Schoolteachers, counselors, or principals and Social Workers may sign off on the form.
- If there is more than one child in a home, we will need a permission slip for each child.
- There is no cost to the parents for the book(s).
- All books are in English and we will only ship to addresses in the Continental United States.
- Organizations may not photo copy the forms and hand them out. All applications must be completed by a parent or guardian using the on line application.
- Each household may request one book every three (3) years for each child in the household.